Broken python Build-Depends

It seems the recent change to drop the python dependency from
python2.3 has broken a large number of package builds.  The affected
packages usually have Build-Depends on python2.3 and assume that will
mean python is also installed.

I'm planning to start filing bugs on these packages in a few days.  In
the meantime, it would be a good idea for maintainers of Python
packages to use pbuilder to check whether their packages still build
or not.
--
Daniel Schepler              "Please don't disillusion me.  I
schepler@math.berkeley.edu    haven't had breakfast yet."