where/how to install python libs

Please CC me on replies!

Hi,

I made a Python wrapper for a C library, and I would like to
distribute it along with the Debian package. This raised a couple of
questions.

The library is called libhid, and automake installs to
${prefix}/lib/python2.3/site-packages/hid/ by default. It actually
detects the Python directory automatically.

  - Is this the right location for the .py/.pyc/.pyc files and the
    Python-specific .so file?

  - Do I have to provide python2.1 - python2.3 versions? Or will
    a python2.3 version be enough?

  - If yes to the last question... what's the best way to go about
    creating versions for the different snakes, uh, Pythons?

Thanks.

Please CC me on replies!

`. `'`