Re: Question about python policy

Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net> wrote:

> It probably doesn't solve the case where you need a certain version of
> python to run build-time test cases and such. I guess it might have been
> a good idea, but since it didn't catch on, perhaps it was too
> complicated.

Build-time tests are run, well, at build-time. Nothing prevents you from
build-depending on every pythonX.Y you wish and doing every test that
might please you, regardless of whether you are using python-central.

Also, python-central was not complicated. For version 0.3 (0.4 was
released later but I didn't install it):

% wc -l /usr/sbin/register-python-package
    182 /usr/sbin/register-python-package

It is a simple shell script.

--
Florent