Re: freezing python packages until python-2.3 becomes the default in testing

Howdy,

Forgive my apparent ignorance here, but I'm a little confused if I read
Matthias' message correctly.  I don't understand how uploading a new
libwxgtk2.4-python package (which build-deps on python2.3) might hold
up python from entering testing.  Python doesn't depend on the wx
package (or presumably any of the wx deps either), so how does wx being
too new for testing hold up Python from entering it?

I ask because there is a new wx release which fixes some outstanding
issues and there are a bunch of apps waiting for wx to hit testing,
so the sooner I get this in, the sooner they all go too.

OTOH if doing this will skrew the python transition, I'm happy to wait
and let them all enter together with the older version first, but I just
don't see which nuance of testing makes this a problem.

If someone can shed some more light on this for me I'd be grateful.
(and less likely to mess things up for you guys in the future :)

thanks,
Ron

  (please CC on any replies, I'm not on the deb-python list)