Re: pygtk 1.2 transition problem

Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> writes:

> I've updated glimmer to build against python 2.3 and the new
> python-gtk-1.2 package, but have run into problems running it. I'm
> wondering what has changed; is there an easy workaround? (I know some
> python but am not, by any means, a python hacker.)
>
> Fatal Python error: could not import _gtk

There is no changes in -1.2 package, just a name change.

We've fixed the bug, due to a python part in C sources of glimmer ...

> One other question: could someone (Sebastien?) let me know if the new
> python-gtk-1.2 (etc) packages are meant for sarge? If not, it'll be
> difficult to get any pygtk 1.2 using packages into sarge.

The new package are designed for the next stable with python-gtk2 as
default. They are only in unstable for the moment but they will hit Sarge
before the release ... and hold version are not removed yet from the
archive.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher