Re: Python policy update

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 08:02, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mer 20/08/2003 à 14:09, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> > In order to make it up to date, and to match current packaging
> > practices, I have prepared a draft for a python policy update.
> > It is available at: http://people.debian.org/~joss/python/
>
> I have updated this draft using suggestions from first replies.
> I have also clarified the dependencies on python modules, I think it
> must be made really clear so that no breakage can occur.

Nice work... some other things I noticed;

1.2. Main package, last paragraph

The line;

  Its version must be greater than <X>.<Y> and smaller than <X>.<Y+1>.

confused me a bit...till I figured out what you meant. Perhaps something
like the following would be clearer;

  The version of the 'python' package must be greater than or equal to
<X>.<Y> and less than <X>.<Y+1>.

It's pretty good. The only other minor nitpick is I think that "3.1.
Version Independent Programs" should be changed to "3.1. Programs Using
the Default Python". Also para 3.2 should probably be renumbered to para
3.1.1 as it applies specifically to programs using the default python.

--
Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/