Re: Python 2.3 as default?

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 23:16, David M. Cooke wrote:
> What's the word on making the default version of python to be 2.3
> instead of 2.2, now that 2.3 is released?

IMO maintainers should start compiling/packaging their modules for it
before any transition of the 'python' package happens. This seems to be
trivial in at least some cases, where I've been using 2.3-based packages
for a while (pygame, most notably.

This seems to be already done in most cases, although it's not in the
case that matters most to me :) (Pygame, #202805). A glance at apt-cache
search's output indicates that the vast majority are ready, though.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>