Re: Fun with python-apt

On Sunday, Jun 15, 2003, at 15:50 US/Eastern, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

Er, no. Those binaries would work perfectly fine if you had built apt with the same C++ ABI. But I can't specify in a build-dependency "oh, and your
apt must be built with the same C++ ABI".  I _certainly_ can't do so
retroactively.

I agree you certainly can't. This C++ transition wasn't being thought about back then; nothing can be done about that.

However, we might be able to do something for the next transition.