Re: vpython installation question

Hi Luda,

Liudmila Yafremava wrote:
> Could anyone please kindly help me with VPython installation on Debian?
> I followed the instructions on VPython website and got all
> necessary libraries, still no luck. I pulled VPython installation script
> apart and tried executing each command separately. When I try
> /usr/bin/python2.2 setup.py install
> it complains that it cannot find module distutils. Why could that be?
> What should I do to overcome that?
You need to install python2.2-dev.
If you with to use the "installing much is much help"-approach, you might want
to use tasksel to install the "Python" task.

Cheers

Thomas

P.S.: Even if that's OT: What language/region is you name originally from?
(Maybe you answer that in a private mail unless it's python specific.)