Re: Error message from install of python packages

On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 01:11, Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen wrote:
> ons, 2003-03-26 kl. 04:04 skrev fbrian@nac.net:
> [Snip]
> > checking for python... /usr/bin/python
> > checking python version... 2.2
> The configure script uses python2.2, while the woody python-gtk package
> is installed in python2.1 - so either remove python2.2 - or tell the
> configure script to use python2.1 in some way.

I missed the beginning of this, but for /usr/bin/python to be version
2.2, they must have the python package from unstable installed (2.2)

If they have python (2.2) installed, then they should be getting
conflicts if they have a python-gtk version installed that depends on
python (2.1).

If they are not getting conflicts, it is a bug in one of the packages
dependancies that should be reported.

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key