Re: dependencies of non-module packages

* Graham Wilson

| On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 09:08:36AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > Until dpkg supports triggers, I think what the emacsen does it the
| > most sane -- I'd be really, really happy if python modules/apps were
|
| what do the emacsen do?

Each package provides a shell script which byte-comiles the package's
files.  If a new emacsen is installed, it will call emacsen-install,
which in turns calls each of the already-installed extension packages'
install script.

Those scripts get a parameter saying which emacsen which is being
installed, so they can decide whether they work with that version or
not.

One has a similar emacs-remove script, which removes the byte-compiled
files, either when an emacsen is being uninstalled or the package
itself is being uninstalled.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-