python-unit package

Hello,

I'm the current maintainer for python-unit, and I'm wondering on the
need to have this package as a separate one.

The main reason for the existence of this package is for python1.5
users, since pyunit is part of the main python distribution since 2.0.
The problem I have is that upstream has not made any new release since
1.4.1 in august 2001, whereas the code for pyunit in the different
python releases has evolved. As a consequence, python2.2-unit-1.4.1 is
outdated with regards to what would be available from the python2.2
source package.

The questions are:
 * should the python-unit package be generated from the python source
package?
 * if so, do we drop support for pyunit in python1.5, or add pyunit as a
patch?
 * if not, should I generate python-unit packages based on the CVS?
 * or should I ask upstream to make a release?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).