Help needed with #159208

Wajig, once upon a time, compiled its .py files. That wasn't really useful as
the performance bottlenecks come from the externally called programs, not
wajig itself. So I removed that a while ago.  However, the versioned Depends
and Build-Depends persisted ... and so I just got a bug report, #159208.

In response, I am about to suggest the following:

wajig (0.3.13-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/control: Depends changed to python -- we do not need versioned
    Depends as .py[co] file are not (anymore) shipped (Closes: #159208)
  * debian/control: Similarly, Build-Depends simply on python-dev

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>  Thu,  5 Sep 2002 06:41:10 -0500

Is that ok with you Python Meisters?  Wajig will only ever ship interpreted
Python files and does run with all recent Python versions.

Lintian and Linda are fine with it, but these robots might not have perused
the Python Policy lately.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed here.

Dirk

--
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
							    -- Fred Brooks