A first try for a dh_python script

I have hacked a dh_python script designed to ease our lives when
packaging python stuff. It is merely based on dh_perl.

It creates a new substvar for debhelper, named python:Depends, and adds
postinst/prerm scripts if appropriate.
The substvar contains dependencies on python (>= X.Y), python (<< X.Z),
and/or pythonX.Y when appropriate. It also makes the python-foo packages
depend on pythonX.Y-foo if it exists (X.Y being the current python
version).
The postinst script compiles the modules where they were found, and the
prerm script removes the .py[co] files.

Please, give it a try. The current version is certainly buggy and may do
some stuff incorrectly, but I think it would be nice to have such a
thing in debhelper. It can be found at
http://people.debian.org/~joss/dh_python/

Regards,