Re: Move to python 2.2 as default release?

> Now, if 2.3 won't be stable until well into next year (as opposed to
> the schedule in PEP 283), then we may want to target 2.2.x as our
> default version.

Which version of PEP 283 are you referring to?  It once had us release
the final version around the end of August.  But the current version
says his:

    There is currently no defined schedule.  We hope to do the final
    release before the end of 2002, but if important projects below
    are delayed, even that may be delayed.

To which I should probably add that that's the schedule for 2.3.  If
things go as they went for 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2, there will be a 2.3.1
bugfix update 3-6 months after 2.3 is released, and that would be the
first time I'd be comfortable calling 2.3 stable.