Re: Emacs in build-depends of python2.1

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 12:07:43PM +0200, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Bastian Kleineidam <reflexionsniveau@web.de> wrote:
> Which python2.1 do you have? It is the same in woody and sid (2.1.3-3)
> and doesn't seem to contain such a file:

python2.1 (2.1.3-3) from sid
py2texi.el is a generated file
it is included in debian/patches/info-docs.dpatch
the fixinfo.el is replaced by it, fixinfo.el is not run.

> Well, when I will see the file, I will perhaps consider converting it,
> but:
>   - converting it to python would probably not be a great idea (what if
>     you want to build your system from scratch? This kind of thing is
>     becoming more and more popular, you know)
The py2texi.el is for generating documentation. I think it should be
possible to execute python after compilation in the local directory.

>   - converting to Perl... erm, no, please. ;-))
Yup, I dont want Perl either. But then could someone tell me why
libhtml-tree-perl is also in the build depends?

>   - shell script? Perhaps, but I need to see the .el before (and I am
>     not an awk guru)
Dont know, seems that a lot of string-scanning and -replacing is done.

Greetings, Bastian