Re: Python in package development?

Hm. Actually, the idea has been not to _force_ others use python, but to
allow those that don't like Perl for some reasons, do the stuff using
the tool they like. This could be made by providing the same
infrastructure for debian packages development as there is now, but
using some other language and, perhaps, paradigm.

To be honest, this idea has came up, when I started to create my new
console-* infrastructure. These packages require a lot of scripts to
be run on the client (during install-time and after that). Of course,
I can use python at build-time to parse my XML descriptions, etc.,
but I am forced to use perl/shell on client-side scripts.
Now, looking at many hundreds of Perl code in console-common scripts,
I see the "Perl nightmare" -- completely unreadable and unmaintainable
code. Of course, one can write readable/nice code on Perl also, but
there should be the choice, IMHO.

--
Regards, Wartan.
"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."