Re: Python and Emacs

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:38:26AM -0500, dman wrote:
> | --- cut ---
> | augroup Python
> |     au!
> |     autocmd BufRead *.py set expandtab softtabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 tabstop=4
> | augroup END
> | --- /cut ---

> It will work, but I disagree with changing the 'tabstop' variable.
>
> Try catting your code directly to a line printer.  It will use 8
> spaces per tab, and that will mess up things.  Another problem is the

No, it will not. This configuration actually uses space (4 in this case)
instead of a single tab. It only gives the user the feeling he is using tab,
while he is not.

Try the :help for 'expandtab' 'softtabstop'.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have