Re: Python and Emacs

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 16:09, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 15:27, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>   I'm a bit annoyed with Emacs when editing Python programs because
> >>   Emacs always replaces TABs with spaces ; this wouldn't bother me if
> >>   Emacs was the only editor in the world. But when you share programs
> >>   with others, it is better to have real TABs instead of spaces.
> >
> > This is amusing: I think exactly the opposite, since I indent
> > every 4 columns, and if \t were set to 4, then when less'ing
> > the file, it would look differently that it does in the editor...
>
>   That's right but Emacs should be able to adapt. As I said, I
>   would be happy to choose any of both, if I could ...
>
>   Do you have a solution?

Yeah: use vim!  However, if you insist on using emacsOS, sorry,
can't help...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |