Re: FYI: debhelper and no more zope-devhelper.

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 10:57:43AM +0200, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> After a short mail exchange with Joey Hess, I decided not ot package
> zope-devhelper any more.
>
> Instead, we camed out with a better idea: implement a debhelper program that
> can install sheared debconf templates along with code snippets to made them
> visible. This could be of use not only to Zope products.
>
> More over, i proposed to implement dh_installpython to handle the
> installation of python modules/programs (compilation, and py{c,o} purging).
>
> Those two will most certainly be implemented afted woody relaese, along with a
> debhelper rewrite (acording to Joey).

any work on this should probably take into account the 'python-central' work
done by Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org>. This is a valiant attempt to
implement the "pure python package supporting multiple versions of Python"
part of the current Debian Python policy.

> Hope you appreciate.

cannot express my appreciation enough... :-)