Re: Fwd: Re: need help updating imgsizer for python2.1

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> wrote:

> | ] The package currently depends on python1.5.  What should it depend on
> | ] when fixed?
> |
> | python
>
> This must be versioned though.
>     python >= (2.1) , python << (2.2)
> will get you the current default version.

Considering that the package would then depend on python 2.1, I can
simply apply the following patch:

1c1
< #!/usr/bin/python1.5
---
> #!/usr/bin/python
60c60
< import sys, os, getopt, cmp, string, re, urllib, commands
---
> import sys, os, getopt, filecmp, string, re, urllib, commands
258c258
<         if cmp.cmp(file, tempfile):
---
>         if filecmp.cmp(file, tempfile):

Right?
This works for me.  No real need to write the script so it work on
either 1.5 or 2.1 if the package depends on 2.1.  I haven't missed
something obvious, have I?

So for the trivial questions.  Please CC me in replies. Although I will
look at the mailing list archives for replies, I am not subscribed to
the list.

Peter