Re: pure python modules - Python Policy 2.2.3

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 03:48:40PM +0100, Bastian Kleineidam wrote:

> A pythonX.Y package must have
>
> 1) a postinst script to byte-compile all previously installed
>    packages who use dh_purepython
>
> 2) a prerm script to remove byte-compiled files from all previously
>    installed packages who use dh_purepyton
>
> I have untested scripts python.postinst and python.prerm for this.

If you ask me, scripts for that should go into the python package so
that not every python-xxx package has to carry them itself. Something
like /usr/lib/python/new-module $(pkgname) should do all the
preprocessing.

Gregor, what do you think: Is this doable/practical?

cu
	Torsten