Re: Best advice for users ?

Le Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 11:39:46PM +0100, Matthias Klose pianota:
> Denis writes:
> > we want to use Python >2.1 because of some different reasons
> > among which the need to use Zope 2.4
>
>     >2.1 or >= 2.1 ?

You're right, >= 2.1

> > - on our production server, we still use Python 1.5 with Zope
> >   2.3 (Prudence, prudence, ...)
>
> don't upgrade your production server. the conversion happens
> in _unstable_

Thanks, I've been flirting with unstable long enough now ;-)

> As a user, stay away from unstable the next week (or maybe the next
> two weeks) and come back, when the conversion is done.

That's also what I hoped to hear about :-)
So, you do think it will be apt-getly easy within 2 weeks ?

And a last question : do you have (debian-python) a central web
page ? I subscribed to the list, but if a sumary is waiting to
be read on the web ...

I feel very concerned by your work.

Thank you.
--