Re: python does not seem to find installed modules

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 09:43:29PM +0000, Johann Spies wrote:
| dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
|
| > | I this a bug in the debian python packages?  All previous versions of
| > | python in debian I have used was usable right after installation.
| > | This one (Woody - from unofficial CD's) not.
| >
| > I'm not positive, but I think it might be.  When I installed
| > libwxgtk2.2-python (just a minute ago) I could not 'import wx'.  I
| > think the package needs to install a .pth file  so that python knows
| > the .../wxPython directory is a directory containing a package, not a
| > module of itself.
|
| Is there a workaround in the mean time?

Yeah, you could create a .pth file yourself so that python recognizes
the wxPython directory as a package.  Search on the web and you'll
find the document that talks about packages in python.  I don't have
the reference handy, and it has been a while since I read it so I
don't remember the details exactly.

| What I have tried is to copy the whole bunch of files in
| .../wxPython to the local directory.  Then another problem appeared:
|
| ----------------$
| python taalunie.py
|
| Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

What is $LANG ?  Somehow on my system this is getting set to "english"
(even though I can't find it in any config file anywhere) and I get
this message for all apps.

| GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
| aborting...
| Aborted

That's not a good thing.  I don't know enough about these libraries to
know what is causing it.

-D