Re: Python 2.0.1; transition plans for woody

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 05:37:36PM +0200, Radovan Garabik wrote:
> I agree, but... why not wait until python 2.1.1 is released?
> (or, if we just discuss things a bit, it will be
> released before any action is taken and we can jump right
> to it :-))
>
> You still need to modify packages when going from
> 2.0.1 to 2.1.1

I'm afraid that if we wait for 2.1.1, it will be to late to make the
complete transition for woody.

You're right, though, that with the current setup of the packages, 2.1.1
again will make a small transition necessary.

We have to discuss the policy of dependencies and paths for the Python
packages at some point.

    Gregor