Re: Problems with new policy

On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 19:24, Ricardo Javier Cardenes wrote:
[snip]
> That's the point. There's no problem with PyQt. It's a Python module and
> both it and its extension shared object reside at
> /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages. My problem is about libsip. If libsip
> has to be at /usr/lib (as it's right now), then I have a real problem with
> versioned packages (if I want them to coexist, of course).

IMO, if libsi version A and B have the same API (and then soname) you
can use the most up-to-date to build packages for all python versions.
if different python versions require different libsi, then libsi *must*
have a different soname and you can install both at the same time (as
per debian library policy.)

am i missing something?

federico

--