Re: Python-2.1 becoming Debian's default Python version

dman wrote:
> As I understand/recall the history, python 2.0 and 2.1 are not "GPL
> compatible".  However, 2.0.1 and 2.1.1 (note the micro version
> increase) are "GPL Compatible".

It's probably better to check if you're unsure rather than speculate or
guess.  From the 2.1.1 LICENCE file:

    Python 1.6.1 is essentially the same as Python 1.6, with a few minor
    bug fixes, and with a different license that enables later versions
    to be GPL-compatible.  Python 2.1 is a derivative work of Python
    1.6.1, as well as of Python 2.0.

Cheers,

  Neil