Re: Final draft of Python Policy (hopefully ;-)

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> s/python-base/python/.

  I would prefer to keep "python-base" because it reflects that it does
  not contain the whole python distribution but rather the basic modules.

> > - I'm not sure in 2.1.2.2 that /usr/lib/python/site-packages is a good
> > name... maybe /usr/share/python/site-packages instead.  (After all,
> > the things should be arch independent.)  I'd be happy to code up the
> > symlink thingamajig for 2.1.2.2 if nobody's working on it.
>
> And what about binary dependent site packages?

  I previously propose to install binary indep. files in /usr/share/pythonX.Y
  and binary dep. files is /usr/lib/pythonX.Y.

  I proposed to change sys.path this way:

  /usr/local/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages
  /usr/local/share/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages
  /usr/lib/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages
  /usr/share/python<X>.<Y>/site-packages

  (there are probably some missing items, but this is the main idea)

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>
              <jerome@marant.org>

http://marant.org