Re: libwxgtk2.2-python (fwd)

At some point, Ron <ron@cirl.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> > I'd prefer the latest python and wxpython (and wxwindows-c++),
>
> I prefer the latest of everything too :)  but this:
>
> > assuming there aren't any critical bugs.
>
> is one of the questions I want an anwser to here.
>
> Personally I've never even installed python2.1 so I have no idea
> about it's stability.  What I'm interested in figuring out is which
> version we should be concerned with getting into Woody.

Well, 2.1 isn't the latest version (2.2a4 is, with 2.2b1 coming soon).
I had a one problem with crashing in 2.1, but that was fixed in 2.1.1.
I would say 2.1.1 is even more stable than 1.5.2.

Can anyone think of any reason why 2.0 should stay? (Besides packages
depending on it.) I mean, is there any difference between 2.1 and 2.0
that would be difficult to fix when upgrading a package to depend on
2.1 instead of 2.0? (I can't)