libwxgtk2.2-python

Hello,

the wxgtk maintainer asked me to foreward the following questions to this list:

> From ron@cirl.uoregon.edu Tue Oct 16 11:31:09 2001
>
> What I'd really like to know is that (by far)
> most of the people currently using it with 1.5 will be happy that
> it is now built with 2.1
In my opinion a package linked against 2.1 packages would be better,
but I´m not really sure.  I personally had success compiling a program
with python 2.0 and wxgtk-python by just

   ln -s ../../python1.5/site-packages/wxPython /usr/lib/python2.0/site-packages/wxPython

For sure this is no real solution.  If you think that two separate wxgtk
versions are really necessary please speak now because Ron is preparing
packages for a new version.

> And that there are no continuing licence issues with python2 that
> would cause a problem here.
I think this problem vanished.

> If there is consensus about these two issues, then I'll be happy
> to do whatever the majority of wxPython developers would like.
Any hints for Ron?  (Please make sure to CC: him personally because
he is not subscribed.

Kind regards

         Andreas.