Re: python does not seem to find installed modules

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

> | I this a bug in the debian python packages?  All previous versions of
> | python in debian I have used was usable right after installation.
> | This one (Woody - from unofficial CD's) not.
>
> I'm not positive, but I think it might be.  When I installed
> libwxgtk2.2-python (just a minute ago) I could not 'import wx'.  I
> think the package needs to install a .pth file  so that python knows
> the .../wxPython directory is a directory containing a package, not a
> module of itself.

Is there a workaround in the mean time.  What I have tried is to copy
the whole bunch of files in .../wxPython to the local directory.  Then
another problem appeared:

----------------$
python taalunie.py

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
aborting...
Aborted

And this is a program I ran on previous versions of debian with a
locally compiled wxpython.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536