Re: [Draft] Debian Python Policy 0.2

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 11:31:44PM -0700, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> Packages (mostly) conforming to this policy are at:
[...]
>     - Packaged modules should depend on python-api-X.Y
>
>     - Remove section on legacy versions of Python (they are
>       independent).  I should probably add a section saying that
>       packages other than "python" cannot provide python-api-*.

Hmmm, but if only "python" can provide python-api-*, then any packages that
depend on python-api-X.Y will be broken when a new version of python
providing python-api-X.Z comes out, and no python-X.Y package can be
compatible with it.

Or have I missed something?

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key