Re: Debian Python Policy [draft]

David Coe <davidc@debian.org> writes:

> Neil Schemenauer <nas@python.ca> writes:
>
> > 2.3. Module Package Names
> > -------------------------
> >
> >      Python module packages should be named for the primary module
> >      provided.  The naming convention for module `foo' is `python-foo'.
> >      Packages which include multiple modules may additionally include
> >      provides for those modules using the same convention.
>
> What happened to the libfoo-python idea (for consistency with the perl
> and, presumably, java convention)?  I'm personally happy with python-foo, but
> understand the arguments in favor consistency.
>
> Is there good reason not to adopt that now?

  We could perhaps differenciate python modules and bindings.

  For example, libxml bindings for Python would be libxml-python.
  Also, python-gtk would become libgtk-python, python-gnome would become libgnome-python
  and so on.

  However, xml tools for python would stay python-xml.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>
              <jerome@marant.org>

CV consultable à l'adresse :  http://marant.org