Re: Experimental Python packages

> I think the admin should be able to choose which python implementation
> is referred to by /usr/bin/python independent of which python (or
> python-base if you prefer) packages are installed (the alternatives
> mechanism may be a good idea for this).
[snip]
>     o   Jython or Stackless

Just as far as jython goes, I really wouldn't want to offer it as an
alternative for /usr/bin/python, one strong reason being that it won't use
CPython dynamic libraries.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

The rebellion is not about what clothes you are wearing or whether
you turn your back to the audience - it's not about shocking for the shock's
sake. It's not about singing Smack My Bitch Up and pretending to be hard.
All you do is to get your name on K-Mart's black list. It easy, and boring.
So Prodigy, if you want to be hard, go to an abortion clinic and try to
help those girls who have had an abortion in a front of 20 shotguns. Try
to be rough and don't tell how you beat up your girlfriends, if you got
the balls to do that.
	- Tori Amos, Rumba Magazine, March 13, 1998