Re: Jython Licensing

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 06:25:42PM -0500, Ben Burton wrote:

> Hi.  On the topic of Jython, I received this from jython-dev (see below) - so
> it seems the GPL incompatibility is not likely to go away any time soon.

does it matter?

the licence is DFSG compliant, and the main gripe about
python licence was that there are GPLed modules written in C, and
thus linked with python interpreter.
With jython, there are: 1) no such modules
2) even if there were, they would be linked with java, not with jython
(though I'd imagine RMS would find something to object to :-))