Re: RFC: python-base, debconf and py/pyc files

Gregor Hoffleit <gregor@mediasupervision.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> currently, our Python packages mostly ship .py files and compile them into
> .pyc files at run time in order to save space in the debs.

  The way you do it currently is fine. If people don't want pyc, they
  can freely delete them.

  I don't think this is a good idea not to ship .py files since we
  can consider them as executables (like binaries) and pyc are
  just optimized binaries.

  The only change you may do is to ask for pyc generation at install
  time.

Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

Debian Activity Page:
http://jerome.marant.free.fr/debian