Re: 4Suite in Debian ?

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:00:38AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 28-Feb-2001 Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Would you think great to have 4Suite (http://www.4suite.org) in Debian ?
> >   As 4DOM was included in Python-xml, we could simply remove it from 4Suite
> >   add a dependency instead.
> >

> I looked into packaging it for narval.  However, the version of xml it wants
> versus what is in Debian were conflicting at the time.  I no longer have the
> time to work on this, so feel free.

Yep, please go ahead. I remember that some time ago somebody else
volunteered, but appearently, it didn't get off.

    Gregor

PS: How about the various XML tools by Lars Marius Garshol
(http://www.garshol.priv.no/download/), e.g. xmlproc, pysp, XSA etc. ? And
the stuff by Geir O. Grønmo (http://www.infotek.no/~grove/), xmarch, tmproc
and GPS ? I'm not enough into XML to evaluate if they could have a broader
audience, but they looked interesting to me. Or are they somehow superceded
by the recent PyXML releases ?