Python license and GPL programs

Hello,

I followed the discussion of the Python 2.0 packaging. In the python2-base
package I saw this text:

 Note that the license of Python 2 is not compatible with the GNU General
 Public License (cf. clause 6 of the new Python license). Please don't
 use GPL code with Python2 without asking the authors of the GPL code for
 their explicit permission.

I am distributing Python programs under the GPL. So is this sentence
above telling me that all users are not allowed to use my GPLed programs
with Python 2.0?? What about previous versions?

What is a possible solution? Use LGPL? Or restrict usage to Python <<2.0?

Bastian Kleineidam