Re: question on packaging of python applications

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Jérôme Marant wrote:

> So, .py scripts can be used with any Python releases without any problem.
> (.py files can then be compiled at postinst time).

This is the best way to hadnle it.
Something to still consider is whether we want to deal with Python 1.5.2
and Python 2.0 via  /etc/alternatives: they can both leave quite
happily on the same system, as long as they don't try to reuse each
other .pycs. Note that since the Python standard library is under
python1.5/ or python2.0/, there won't be any collision there.
What might be a problem is where we put 3rd party modules.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez