RE: omniorb with python

> did someone compile omniorb with python yet? because whenever i
> try to compile omniorb 2.8 or 3.1 (2.8 is in potato) on a potato
> system i get an internal compiler error. the strange thing is when i
> compile it on a woody system i get no errors. is omniorb's code
> so unstable or what? did someone else try it ?

Omniorb can be a taxing package to build.  I discovered I had some
bad memory by compiling Omniorb, which I proptly exchanged for
working memory. :-)

I also discovered (after buying a new AMD K6-2 processor) that I
had inadequate cooling (still using the old fan) and had to buy
a new fan to cool the chip better.

Finally, you need lots of swap space, so you may run out of memory
and swap if you don't have plenty of swap space.

Obviously, try adding the swap space before doing anything drastic
with memory or fans!  :-)

-Brent