Re: info docs (was Re: Experimental Python 1.5.2c1 packages available)

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 07:03:09PM -0400, Joe Block wrote:
> Paul Stevens wrote:
> >
> > > I seem to remember there is now a complete info set, which I sure
> > > would like to install for use within {x,}emacs, but I don't know how
> > > many of debian/python users would find a need for it.
> >
> > I do. Please do include info docs.
>
> How about making the info docs a seperate package?  That way, if you
> didn't install emacs you don't have to get the info docs - if disk is so
> tight you don't want emacs you probably don't want info docs.

Hmm, in this case, I'd suggest you don't install the HTML docs as
well, since they are >5MB installed (Debian's apache doesn't yet
handle .html.gz's transparently, if I could install them gzipped, that
would be down to 1.6MB), while the info files are only 500kB.

So I think the only valid case would be installing the info files
without the html ones.

	Gregor