Is there anybody out there? [Was Re: Grail (was: ...))]

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Gregor Hoffleit <Gregor Hoffleit wrote:

>  >
>  > An interested user told me that CNRI/NIST decided to leave the code
>  > alone, after having used it as a testbed for network research and
>  > might lighten the license.
[...]
> I wonder if we are the only ones reading this list. Is it possible to
> see who is subscribed to the list ?

`An interested user', at least... BTW, I'm pondering on both your latest
posting arguments (Jpython and python policy), as I think that both
deserve a careful answer, especially the latter, which is of most use to
me by now... (I know, I'm just a bit egotic...)

Just to let you know I'm hearing what goes here: do you really think
someone would use a python without regexp? Just think about cgi, or better
do a:

$ egrep \\bre\(\|gex\)\\b /usr/lib/python/*.py|grep import|wc

I see 46 lines, some of whose in important modules like {url,xmg,sgml}lib!

And later will write on more important stuff, keep tuned!

Yours,

l.