Re: Debian participating in GSoC

Hi Abhijith!

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Debian participating in GSoC
From: Abhijith PA <abhijith@debian.org>
To: debian-publicity@lists.debian.org
Cc: outreach@debian.org, nilesh@debian.org
Date: 11/16/2023

Hello.

I recently posted an email to debian-devel-announce regarding Debian's
participation[1] in upcoming GSoC24

Do you think its Ok to publish on bits.d.o and other social media
handles ? Please let me know if you need any help.

--abhijith

[1] - https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2023/11/msg00000.html

A Bits post would be ideal for this to be completely honest with you, however this ask is missing some critical details toward the standard lengthier Bits posts that we normally put forth such as additional information that would be 'attractive' to prospective candidates such as the approved projects list, clear intentions defining if this leg of the GSOC is for students or for mentors, contact points, and so on.

While the mail-list message does contain the links to such, it would be ideal if someone from the Outreach team authored the wording crafted toward the specific needs.

Otherwise, your posted message can be shorted to the Debian micronews service. Both the bits and micronews feed to all of our social media channels.

That all being said, we certainly can craft a message for Bits, but as I mentioned someone in the know may be better suited to write it out. If no one is available our team can certainly write something up and post it internally for review prior to posting.

Please let us know.

--

Be well,

-Donald