Re: Statement perhaps for the Call for bids for DebConf24?

Hi,

(added DPL and publicity team)
-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: Statement perhaps for the Call for bids for DebConf24?
From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
To: Donald Norwood <donald@debian.org>
Cc: press@debian.org, debconf-committee@debian.org
Date: 10/31/2023

cc'ing the debconf committe

Hello Donald,

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 07:14:02PM -0400, Donald Norwood wrote:
Hi Antonio,

By way of the Publicity team we would like to publish this news out but I
wonder as the news is an ongoing discussion thread if a direct  announcement
from the DebConf committee would be better suited. We could cut and paste
the 1st post of the thread as the announcement as it contains all of the
needed information. The announcement would be pushed to bits.debian.org
(official blog) then to social media by way of micronews.debian.org.

Thoughts?

--

Sure, please go ahead. That statement has been reviewed by the entire
debconf committe.

--

I did a bit of an overhaul to order the requirements and understanding. The draft committ is available for review[1].

If everyone is okay with this, we will ask the translation teams to give it a go and then publish by early tomorrow when translations should be available for multiple languages which considering this event is the goal.

[1]https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/bits/-/commit/f32104bc7098cd401a77c8cc3d61947ca74a7ce4

Be well,

-Donald

--