Re: Arduino is back on Debian

Hi Rock,

El 28/1/21 a las 9:55, Rock Storm escribió:
> Dear Publicity Team,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the latest version of Arduino, (probably) the
> most widespread platform for programming AVR micro-controllers, is now
> packaged and uploaded onto Debian unstable [1].

[...]
> The purpose of this e-mail is not just to announce this new upload but
> actually more of a request for testing. The title could very well be
> "WANTED: Beta Testers for Arduino" (dead or alive :P) We would
> appreciate if anyone with the tools and knowledge for it could give the
> package a try and let us know if he/she finds any issues with it.
>
> [1]: https://packages.debian.org/unstable/arduino

I think this is very nice news! Your mail, with probably very few
changes, can be posted as an article in bits.debian.org. This way we
would get good audience coverage (bits goes to planet, gets
translations, and we also publish a micronews for every article there).

If you or any publicity contributor wants to start, the repo is here:

https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/bits/

and we have a template.md file there. The file would go in the
content/2021 folder and you can put "Status: draft" until it's ready for
publishing. The authors would be Rock Storm + the person adapting and
reviewing the text.

If nobody steps ahead very soon, I can do it during the weekend, and
publish on Monday or Tuesday.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina