Re: Draft: Debian 8 Long Term Support reaching end-of-life

Am 02.07.20 um 20:39 schrieb Moritz Mühlenhoff:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 08:24:42PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>> Sorry, but I was assuming that the official end of oldstable is on July
>> 18 when Debian 9.13 is released.
>>
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2020/06/msg00049.html
>
> That syncs up potentially missing builds and creates the "final" installation
> images for Stretch, but updates end on the 6th.

I have changed the date to 6th from 18th. Though in my opinion July 18
marks the official end of oldstable and the begin of Stretch LTS because
users will receive updates from a different channel than
stretch-security. This is something that normally won't happen while LTS
is running. Thus I have clarified the paragraph and now I mention both
dates.

>> It was sent to debian-release too. No ill intent from our side.
>
> No ill intent assumed. But please explicitly CC us on the next LTS
> announcement draft, so that we don't only notice this by chance :-)

Sure, we have done it three times before. This time the draft looked
really innocent to me. Will do better next time. :)

Regards,

Markus