Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces (round 2)

Hi Marcin

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 06:37:38PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> On 2020-04-22 16:35:25, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > What do you mean with "formating"?  "GNU/Linux" is now irrelevant.
> But IMO a nice gesture to non Linux parts of our community and costs us
> nothing.
> > "Debian Linux", maybe, but redundant.
> It is possible but why not to indicate that also there is something else than
> Linux in Debian.

The problem is the length of the line.  If you skim the list, you see
"Debian", then you need to skip two words to get to the information you
seek next: which release is it, which in case of the number is a way
shorter word.

> > Should this be highlights of the release?  Hightlights of the software?
> > I don't know.
> If we're going with version and/or code name in the information text then I
> suppose giving a bit of information about release it self IMO would make sense.

I have to admit, I'm not convinced, and others use it for more generic
stuff.

Maybe something about:
1. About Debian; focus on community distribution
2. Something about the release
3. Something about the name? "Buster"

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown