Re: improved previews when sharing posts on social media

Ciao Laura

On 23/10/19 15:19, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

>> The added burden is that whenever a preview image is available, the Image: field
>> should be added to each article metadata.
>
> This is a tiny burden compared with the benefit :-)
>
>> As a test, I have done that for all 2019 posts.
>
> Thanks

In the meantime the publicity-team/bits repo had moved on.
I have rebased the MR on current master and checked if we can add Image fields to any of the new posts in the last 3 weeks.
Turns out only content/2019/minidebconf-vaumarcus-open-registration.md has one.

> The merge request also removes the file:
> https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/bits/blob/master/output/.gitkeep
> which I guess it's unrelated, and frankly, I don't know if it should be there or
> we can remove it safely.

Sorry, my mistake.
I think that file is present to make sure that on a freshly cloned repo the output dir is present (git refuses to check in empty dirs)
So I have reinstated it.

> If nobody complains, I plan to merge the proposal in a few days.
> Thanks again!
>
> Kind regards,

OK !
Once it's published on bits.debian.org, the final check will be sharing one of the post links in Mastodon or Twitter or testing it here:
https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/ (requires FB account)
https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

Paolo