Re: Pulbicity Team for the Vaumarcus MiniDebConf Oct 25.-27.

Hi Didier

I'm having difficult to understand why Ana published today a micronews
with the link to your blog post, because I wrote a very similar text
and submitted to the publicity team review it. So, until yesterday we
were talking about my text but today I saw that another text was
released and I loose my time submitting the news. In fact, it was not
a urgent news because it was already sent to the lists. Yes, we could
wait more time to do it.
I was expecting that we (Debian community members) could be more
collaborative and talk more before acting. Nothing is so urgent that
we can't wait a little more to talk and build a consensus before just
acting without considerer other people fellings.

I'm very upset because I was willing to help, from my point of view I
feel that some people from publicity team has difficult to talk with
new contributors or there's no time to talk a little bit before decide
what to do.

I'm not feel motivated to keep spending my time in publicity for
MiniDebConf Vaumarcus. Sometimes the easier way to solve some issues
is to say that it was a misunderstanding or that people that are not
English native speaker don't understand the message. This is not the
first I had to read this, it happened in DebConf19 too: "we are not
wrong, you that can't understand english very well".
It's not true, in general it's not a problem related to language or
translation. When people use this reason to solve some issue in my
opinion it's just an easy way to finish the discussion because it's
easy to put the responsability in the others shoulders and in other
words to say "It's your problem and it's your fault, not mine".
I understood what you were saying on the publicity channel, I read the
post on blog, but still I was thinking that was not a problem to
publish the text that I wrote, because it would be released in a
different comunication channel.

I would like to propose a reflection to all, free software volunteer
work is also about how we can interact to people and make them
comfortable to help and learn more. So, I have the feeling that
sometimes in Debian activities people are focus on the results and
maybe we should focus on people interaction, how we could be nice and
encourage people instead of focus just on the results.

And people from publicity team please, to be more collaborative and
patient with new contributors that are trying to help or they will
just dropped out.
I hope you find someone to help you and have a great MiniDC!

Best regards,

--
Adriana C. da Costa
http://www.mulheres.eti.br