Re: Small actions and large impacts

Hi

El 2/6/19 a las 17:30, Valessio Brito escribió:
Hello all,

This month is special and many institutions, sites and projects have
supported the #PrideMonth campaign;

How difficult it would be to update the Debian logo in the
'KallesDesign' theme for the website and wiki for 1 week (maybe).

I made a PNG in the same format/dimensions, I believe it would version
in the current environment and after a few days remove.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/ValessioBrito?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=openlogo-diversity.png
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/Pics/openlogo-50.png

What do you think?

Need SVG?
  https://wiki.debian.org/ValessioBrito?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=openlogo-diversity.svg

I think we can start to have a 'small campaign' flexibility, we can
create an annual like 'Google Doodle', also put custom Debian Logo
present in the universal engagement.

Thanks Valessio for this proposal, and for the logo!

I like it, I don't know the other team members opinion but maybe we can try to do some coordinated work. My proposal would be:

1.- Add the Diversity logo to the website in the pages that Paul suggested:
https://www.debian.org/logos/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLogo
https://www.debian.org/intro/diversity

2.- Decide the period where we want to provide the diversity logo as the logo of the webpage (and favicon), wiki, and I would add bits.debian.org and micronews.debian.org

3.- Create a blog post explaining the #PrideMonth campaing, the existence of the Debian Diversity group (maybe a summary of the "Bits from the Diversity Team" mail https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/04/msg00005.html ), and saying that we will provide the diversity logo in some of the Debian websites.

4.- Publish the blog post and make the change to the sites during the dates we decided. I would propose www.debian.org, wiki.debian.org, bits.debian.org and micronews.debian.org.

5.- Try to document everything and get a "checklist" to be followed easily for future campaigns (e.g. Debian10, Debian_30_anniversary, others...) We would need designers to get nice logo derivatives for those :-)

My proposal would be to do the logo change to the diversity logo during the week of 24 to 30 of June. I know that the pride is the whole month but I feel I need a bit of time to catch up with pending stuff and schedule and prepare things (if other person is willing to drive the effort and can make it before, perfect!).

What do you think?

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina